Implementing improved health and safety measures
Regardless of the status of the COVID-19 virus at the time of the Festival, we’ll be implementing a range of measures to improve health and safety, including:
- Including messaging in our email marketing and ticketing platforms to advise ticket holders not to attend should they feel unwell (with full refunds offered).
- While we do clean and reset each venue between sessions, we’ll be working with our cleaning supplier to bring in additional resources and thoroughly sanitise each venue.
- We will be installing hand soap / sanitizer with paper towel alongside all water troughs throughout each festival to encourage hand washing.
- We will put together a range of procedures for exhibitors to follow to reduce the likelihood of transmission, including wash kits, sanitizer, bar cleaning, gloves and more.
- If deemed necessary closer to the time, we may sadly have to swap the Festival Glass for single use disposable plastic cups, and drop our ‘rinse and reuse’ program.
Of course, this is a rapidly evolving situation, and we greatly appreciate the support of all our attendees, partners and exhibitors during this period. We’ll keep you posted as we go along.
What happens if the events are postponed?
As you can imagine, the COVID-19 epidemic has presented unprecedented challenges to not only the events industry, but to all businesses. We completely support the measures taken to limit the spread of the virus, and want to be part of the solution.
As we get closer to the event dates, should it be deemed prudent to further postpone the Festival, we’ll let everyone know as soon as we possibly can, with as much notice as possible.
Our preference will always be to postpone an event rather than cancel outright, allowing more time for the country to get through this terrible period, and to support the many wineries, breweries, cidermakers, primary producers, Chefs and restaurants who put so much into making this event a highlight of their year.
What if an event is cancelled?
If you have purchased tickets for the Festival that is later cancelled for any reason, a full refund (including any booking fees) will be made available. We will email all ticket holders for any cancelled event with more info at the time.
Warning: The account for southcoastfoodandwinefestival needs to be reconnected.
Due to Instagram platform changes on June 1, 2020, this Instagram account needs to be reconnected to allow the feed to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page